Looking for Hope

Looking for Hope

Sunday, January 16, 2005

An LJ vs. Xanga vs. Blogger Challenge!

All righty, cuz I'm a nut...I thought I'd post an entry as a challenge to my friends among my various journals (some of them cross boundaries, but it's all good). So, without further ado....

All righty, my friends....I'm going to put your brains to the test. :) It's going to be a fun one, no worries. Behind the cut that you're about to see, you will find a list of movies. The titles of these movies have actually been changed slightly. Each movie (made in the 1990's) has had it's title reworded with words that are synonyms. Behind the cut there will also be an example.

Your task is to figure out what the actual title of the movie is based off of the reworded title. I'm going to post this entry on some of my other journals and we shall see which web site's readers are the quickest....or at least the ones with the least amount of things to do.

Post your answers by replying to this entry or e-mailing me (MaamPeppy@aol.com). Don't worry about having the answers for each and every single one...I missed 2 when I did it. :)


Your Example: "The Loony College Instructor" is really "The Nutty Professor"

Need another example? "The String-Player Upon the Top of the Building" is really "Fiddler on the Roof."

Ready now?

Here we goooooooo!

1) Residence Without Company
2) Good-Lookin' Lady
3) Female Sibling Play Part
4) Big Town Raincoats
5) Wide Awake in the Seahawks' Home
6) High Card Minnesota Pol: Dog or Cat Sleuth
7) Child's Plaything Tale
8) Prevaricator, Prevaricator
9) Grown Boys Wearing a Dark Color
10) My Closest Pal's Nuptuals
11) My Uncle's Son Price, to Pals
12) The First-Year Student
13) February Second
14) Texas City Forces: Worldwide Guy of Intrigue
15) The Soon-to-Be Wife's Dad

Prizes of some sort to those who can tell me all of them (without cheating by looking at someone else's answers)...but especially to those who can get numbers 6, 8, 11, and/or 14

This puzzle was taken from a Dell Variety Puzzle Magazine published for February 2004. :)

No comments: